Weight Issues

•November 4, 2008 • Leave a Comment

I’ve stitched the Arduino and the L293 circuit. They work fine but I’m having slight problems with their weight. this is due to the batteries, so I might have to rethink the battery placement as well.

Sewing

•November 2, 2008 • Leave a Comment

I’ve begun sewing the housing for my L293 circuit and the Arduino board. The first attempt for the circuit turned out quite nice, I’m not so sure about the Arduino housing though. I might have to sew it again (my sewing skills are not to be marvelled at). The pictures will show the process of the sewing.

Material for the tactile interface

•November 2, 2008 • Leave a Comment

Motor, Velcro, Orange Cloth and Felt, combined with the L293 circuit and some of my sewing skills will be used to build the tactile interface. The picture shows some of the materials I will be using.

Wii interface + L293 circuit

•November 2, 2008 • Leave a Comment

My soldering skills have improved, to the extent that I managed to get my L293 circuit fully soldered and working. Did 1 version of the accelerometer interface using a foam box, might use a sheet of acrylic instead…it depends on which is more sensitive. The 2 pictures below show the L293 circuit that I will be using to trigger small motors, plus the picture of the wii interface, with the 2 pieces of plastic that I might use instead of the foam.

Tweaking the detection device

•November 1, 2008 • Leave a Comment

I have encountered some issues with the detection device. I have realised that to make it more sensitive, it would be best to have it rest on springs. This would boost the amount of infrasound detected.

Skeletal Interface to pick up infrasound

•October 28, 2008 • Leave a Comment

That is what remains of the Wii controller. In the picture, the interface is actually upside down. So when it is used, it will be flipped over so that the accelerometer will be much closer to the ground. I have done some testing already and results are satisfactory. More to come soon.

L293 Basic Setup

•October 22, 2008 • Leave a Comment

I’ve got the basic DC motor setup going with an external power running parallel. This is running on the Arduino BT. The picture shows the wire setup for it. The main reference for this bit was from Guilherme Martins – Project Showroom.